OEN & OSU Startup Series
Thanks to a grant from US Bank, OEN is proud to announce a partnership with Oregon State University to pilot our Startup Series in a hybrid (part online, part in person) platform. This partnership allows us to scale this critical program to entrepreneurs across the state. OSU is a leading provider of online content and their expertise, combined with OEN’s stellar network of instructors/mentors, will provide a top-notch program accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Do Excel spreadsheets make your heart skip a beat? Are you embarrassed to admit that you’re not sure what a hashtag is? No entrepreneur can be expected to know it all. Our 10-week Startup Series covers the nuts and bolts of the areas in which you may lack expertise, including business structure, financial management, sales & marketing strategies, fundraising, and more. As an added benefit, each participant will be paired with a mentor, as well as have access to a mentor in each specialty for the duration of the 10-week series.
In addition to formal instruction in weekly classes, each participant in OEN’s Startup Series will have access to a network of mentors covering each of the session topics below. Our mentors have agreed to provide guidance during the full 10 weeks of this program. Have a burning funding or accounting problem? No need to wait until week 7, just email one of our mentors. A full mentor list will be provided on the first day of class.
Scholarship Opportunity: SPOTS FILLING UP FAST! If you would like to be considered for a scholarship for the Startup Series, please complete this form below. Thank you to US Bank and Columbia Bank for sponsoring these scholarships!
*Scholarship deadline has been extended to Thursday, March 28—apply now!*
Cost: $495 for OEN members and $595 for non-members. *Sorry, no refunds*
NOTE: Members use code OENMEMBER2019 to receive member pricing on OSU’s website here.
NOTE: Please understand that OEN and/or Oregon State University will contact you to request information regarding the status of my business after the completion of the program to evaluate the success of the Startup Series program. By enrolling in the program, you agree to share basic information about my business’ progress upon annual request for up to three years.
- Week 1: Welcome & Goal Setting (in-person)
- Week 2: Your Business Structure Checklist (online)
- Week 3: Marketing Strategy (online)
- Week 4: Building a Sales Strategy + Networking (online)
- Week 5: Developing a Healthy Financial Structure (online)
- Week 6: Planning Spatial Needs in the Short + Long Term & IP for startups
- Week 7: Lean Principles + Tools for Your Business (online)
- Week 8: Funding Your Company (online)
- Week 9: Hiring and Firing a Team + Digital Marketing (online)
- Week 10: Class Presentations & Wrap Up Session (in-person)
- Eric Prentice, CEO, Rogue Lane LLC
- Matt Viers, Attorney, Lane Powell
- Ernie Bootsma, Attorney, Ater Wynne
- Kent Lewis, President & Founder, Anvil Media
- Doug Garnett, Founder & President, Protonik
- Robyn Knox, CEO, Executive Sales Solutions
- Spenser Overton, Audit Senior Manager, Moss Adams
- Karen McKeon, Accountant, 11HundredWays
- Garson Pliska, Tax Manager, Moss Adams
- Rhys Konrad, Broker, Macadam Forbes
- Seth Platsman, Broker, Macadam Forbes
- Chris Tuttle, Founding Partner, Alleman Hall Creasman & Tuttle
- Gabe Cross, CEO, Odyssey Distribution
- Robin Wang, Executive Director, Ascent Funding
- Dave Hansen, Region Market Manager, Columbia Bank
- Scott Bossom, Community Financial Resources Manager, Columbia Bank
- Julianne Brands, Partner, Oregon Venture Fund
- Dave Underhill, President, Underhill Training and Development
Eligibility: If you’re an entrepreneur who has launched a business that is pre-revenue or bringing in less than $250,000 annually, this workshop series is for you!
Not yet an OEN member? Join today to save $200 and get at least one free PubTalk pass.