Please submit applications by February 12, 2024 for consideration; details below:
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 1991 to help local, growth-minded entrepreneurs start up and scale up. The organization has gone through a significant transformation over the last couple of years and is well positioned to grow its impact.
OEN delivers a series of sector-specific investment and education programs known collectively as Angel Oregon, as well as an annual awards show and celebration of entrepreneurship. In addition, it hosts a variety of networking and education activities, such as the popular OEN PubTalk series, and supports statewide efforts to build support for entrepreneurship with universities, economic development agencies, and a wide variety of community partners.
The Sponsor Relationship Specialist is a full time (40 hours per week), salaried position responsible for cultivating sponsors for OEN events and programs, creating sponsorship packages and delivering sponsor benefits in a timely manner throughout the year. This is fundraising position critical to the success of the organization
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with the Executive Director to establish goals and pursue various fundraising opportunities;
- Devising high-value sponsorship packages for annual support, major events, education programs and other OEN programs;
- Cultivating a base of committed and enthusiastic sponsors and supporters to grow OEN and achieve aggressive revenue goals;
- Offering ongoing personalized support to ensure OEN events meet sponsors’ goals and objectives, and supporting execution of their sponsorship packages at all events;
- Managing sponsor relationships associated with events such as collecting assets, sharing and creating social media content, confirming attendees, etc.;
- Sharing feedback from sponsors and supporters back to the OEN team and collaborating to refine future offerings and events;
- Developing a pipeline of future sponsors aligned with the OEN vision, mission and program objectives;
- Participating as an active member of the statewide entrepreneurial ecosystem, including with organizations focused on race and gender diversity;
- Providing administrative support for other OEN employees including, but not limited to, copy editing, content generation, social media support, event logistics and performing other duties as assigned.
- Live in Oregon or Southwest Washington, but be comfortable working remotely and able to travel regularly to Portland for meetings and events;
- Show passion for entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate strength in operational excellence and execution;
- Successful track record in sales and/or nonprofit fundraising;
- Existing relationships and professional network within the business community in Oregon and SW Washington;
- Commitment to racial diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), including lived experiences, existing relationships with communities of color and diverse professional organizations, and/or meaningful training in DEI skill development;
- Have a track record of success with managing budgets;
- Demonstrated experience with various software tools for marketing, customer relationship management, donor management, etc.;
- Be comfortable with public speaking and cultivating new relationships;
- Be adaptable, collaborative and results-oriented.
Candidates will be reviewed holistically and lived experience will be considered in addition to professional experience. We know that many life experiences are transferable to professional success. If the position description feels like a match for you, but you don’t have all of the specific experience listed, we still encourage you to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $55,000-$70,000 annually, with additional performance bonus
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work location and hours, although frequent participation in Portland-area networking, community building events will be expected, along with some travel to other parts of Oregon
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous 401(k) contribution and matching program following first year of employment
- 20 days PTO annually
How to Apply
Please submit an application packet which includes:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications, experience, and passion to be the next OEN Sponsor Relationship Specialist.
- A detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above.
- The names, contact information, and professional affiliations of three professional references. We won’t contact your references until we’ve cleared it with you.
To apply, email all 3 items to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 12, 2024.
OEN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, mental or physical disability, religion, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or source of income in the admission or access to, or employment in, our programs or activities.