After a year-long break, the signature OEN event, Angel Oregon, is BACK! This year’s event, the Angel Food Conference, will showcase scaling food & beverage companies from Oregon and SW Washington and represents the state’s first fund designed exclusively for Oregon’s valuable food and beverage sector. There will also be a robust three-month educational program leading up to the conference.
LEARN | CONNECT | LAUNCH | FUND | GROW
Oregon is an epicenter of artisan food and beverage innovation and OEN is the first stop on any entrepreneur’s journey.
- A four-part, three-month educational program
- A one-day angel conference with investors, industry experts, “Pitch Fest” and food fair
- Visibility and media coverage
- An opportunity to win pro bono professional services
- Concept Stage applicants also get an opportunity to pitch at the May PubTalk
- An opportunity for later-stage companies to win an investment of approximately $100K
Any entrepreneur – from concept to growth stage – who wants to expand their food & beverage company.
Educational sessions will be hosted at partner locations and will include ample time for networking. The Angel Food Conference on June 19 will be at The Redd East.
Because every entrepreneur can use assistance. OEN connects entrepreneurs to every resource they need along their journey including mentors, professional service providers, marketing/sales/co-packing/distribution partners, access to funding, business networking, and more.
- April 3: Info Session: How to Create a Winning Angel Food Conference Application—learn about the AFC process and how to use GUST to put forward a winning application
- April 17: DEADLINE EXTENDED: Pitch applications due by 12:00 midnight
- April 24: Education Session #1 Pitch/Presentation Session—Learn how to tell your story and develop a clear, concise, and compelling pitch
- May 8: PubTalk Pitchfest for Angel Food Conference applicants
- May 15: Education Session #2 Product and Brand Development—Tasks leading up to selling your first products
- May 29: Education Session #3 Go to (Local) Markets—Test product/market fit and build sales
- June 11: Education Session #4 Scale Up—You’ve proven locally that people want your product; now you’re ready to scale
- June 17: Finalists reception with investors
Education Session Details:
The 4 Angel Food Education Sessions are being taught by top Food & Beverage entrepreneurs and industry leaders. There will be something for companies at all stages at each of these sessions. So far we have confirmed the following entrepreneurs:
- Mathilde Aurelian-Wilson (Mathilde’s Kitchen)
- John Boyle (Market of Choice)
- Christy Goldsby (Honey Mama’s)
- Michelle Hunt (Alden’s Ice Cream)
- Hannah Kulberg (High Vibe Brand Amplifier)
- Kim Malek (Salt & Straw)
- Shannon Oliver (Red Duck Foods LLC)
- Marty Parisien (Singing Dog Vanilla)
- Junea Rocha (Brazi Bites)
- Bruce Tillisen (Wild Friends Foods)
- Chris Tjersland (New Seasons Market)
These sessions will also be taught by industry experts from the following groups:
- Anton Kimball Design
- Bridgetown Natural Foods
- Davis Wright Tremaine
- Food Northwest
- Food Innovation Center
- Oregon Venture Fund
- Portland Mercado
- Tonkon Torp
- Underhill Training and Development
All education sessions will be webcast. You can watch them live from afar or view them at your convenience. Please note: we hope you will attend all of these sessions but we realize you are busy running your companies and may need to miss one or two. Therefore, attendance at all sessions is not required but is strongly encouraged.
This is it! The big event! There will be a pitch fest where Concept Stage companies compete for prizes and YOU get to pick the winner. Later stage companies will pitch for an investment award of about $100,000. Hear from some of the most successful food & beverage entrepreneurs in Oregon, and meet investors and industry experts. Taste your way around the food fair as you network with all the movers and shakers in the industry.
Our goal is to raise $100k in $5k increments. If you are an accredited investor and interested in participating, please email Himalaya Rao-Potlapally at firstname.lastname@example.org.