Please submit applications by June 20th, 2022 for the first round of review; details below.
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 1991 to help local, growth-minded entrepreneurs start up and scale up. The organization has gone through a significant transformation over the last couple of years and is well positioned to grow its impact.
OEN delivers a series of sector-specific investment and education programs known collectively as Angel Oregon, as well as an annual awards show and celebration of entrepreneurship. In addition, it hosts a variety of networking and education activities, such as the popular OEN PubTalk series, and supports statewide efforts to build support for entrepreneurship with universities, economic development agencies, and a wide variety of community partners.
The Executive Director is responsible for all operational, administrative, and strategic aspects of the organization. This includes but is not limited to program development and execution, member service and network cultivation, financial management, fundraising, organizational development, hiring, and team development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Inspiring the OEN team, board and network to foster game-changing, innovative growth of Oregon and SWW-based entrepreneurs.
- Working collaboratively with staff, partners and board to define the organization’s goals and evaluate its success in meeting them;
- Ensure all programs and initiatives support OEN’s mission to center and support entrepreneurs;
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, professional development, promotion, evaluation, and release of paid staff, contractors, interns, and volunteers;
- Together with staff and contractors, ensure major events deliver high quality experiences that meet impact and financial goals;
- Create and implement systems and processes that support reliable, high-quality program delivery while maintaining reasonable workload for team members and meeting financial objectives;
- Raise necessary financial resources through a combination of sponsorship, philanthropy, and membership;
- In partnership with the board treasurer, finance committee and external bookkeeping service, ensure financial operations and benefits administration run smoothly and efficiently; maintain official records and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations;
- Prepare and track progress against the annual budget on a monthly basis.
The successful candidate will:
- Live in Oregon, but be comfortable working remotely and able to travel regularly to Portland for meetings and events;
- Show passion for entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrate strength in operational excellence and execution;
- Have successfully led teams and managed staff;
- Show evidence of diversity, equity and inclusion skill development, and be committed to building inclusive projects and networks;
- Have a track record of success with fundraising and managing budgets;
- Be comfortable with public speaking and cultivating new relationships;
- Be adaptable, collaborative and results-oriented.
Candidates will be reviewed holistically and lived experience will be considered in addition to professional experience. We know that many life experiences are transferable to professional success. If the position description feels like a match for you, but you don’t have all of the specific experience listed, we still encourage you to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $115,000-$125,000 annually, with additional performance bonus
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible work location and hours, although frequent participation in Portland-area networking, community building events will be expected, along with some travel to other parts of Oregon
- Paid holidays
- Generous 401(k) contribution and matching program
- 20 days PTO annually
How to Apply
Please submit an application packet which includes:
- A cover letter explaining your qualifications, experience, and passion to be the next Executive Director of OEN.
- A detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above.
- The names, contact information, and professional affiliations of three professional references. We won’t contact your references until we’ve cleared it with you.
To apply, email all 3 items to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2022.
OEN is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, mental or physical disability, religion, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or source of income in the admission or access to, or employment in, our programs or activities.