Six Portland-area companies are among the finalists for a top regional entrepreneurial award.
The finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Awards, for the Pacific Northwest Region, include
- Katie Poppe, co-owner / CEO of Blue Star Donuts.
- Ian Bell, CEO of Digital Trends
- Jill Nelson, founder / CEO of Ruby Receptionists.
- Kim Malek, co-founder of Salt & Straw Ice Cream.
- Jaime Schmidt, Founder and chief product officer, and Michael Cammarata, chief global strategy officer of Schmidt’s Deodorant Co. LLC.
- Eric Breon, CEO of Vacasa.
The septet joins 15 Seattle candidates for the honors, which’ll be allotted June 9 in Bellevue.
The awards acknowledge “innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.”
Regional award winners are then eligible for EY’s overall Entrepreneur Of The Year national program.