Congratulations to the 20 finalists — from 141 nominees — for our 2016 OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards!
After a series of interviews and reviews by expert judging panels, OEN will announce one winner from each category on October 26, 2016 during our Awards Ceremony at the Oregon Convention Center. The Game Changer winner will be determined through an audience vote.
Our annual Awards Ceremony honors the skill and the courage that it takes for entrepreneurs to create a business out of an idea. The event is intended to not only celebrate entrepreneurs, but to highlight their importance to the region’s economy. This year’s Awards Ceremony, “Create Your Legacy,” will also celebrate OEN’s 25th year and pay tribute to our outgoing President & Executive Director, Linda Weston, who will be retiring at the end of 2016 after 17 years.
In addition to the finalists below, OEN will be honoring three OEN Volunteers of the Year: Terry St. Marie, Co-Founder of Built Oregon; Ernie Bootsma, Parter at Ater Wynne; and Ann McQuesten, Corporate Associate at White Summers Caffee & James LLP.
Entrepreneurial Achievement Award
Honoring an entrepreneur or founding team with a strong record of success over the past 18 months.
- Monica Enand, CEO and Founder of Zapproved
- Oliver Alexander & Orion Falvey, Co-Founders of Orchid Health
- Trevor Mauch, Founder of Carrot
Wyatt Starnes Memorial Award
Honoring the region’s most promising early-stage tech entrepreneur.
- Brian Martin, Recentia Health Corp – developing technologies that help physicians spend more time with their patients, and less time interacting with the EMR and EHR systems that consume the majority of their workday.
- David Schaefer, eWind Solutions – developing a small airborne wind energy technology. This system delivers up to four times the power of comparable renewable energy applications.
- Dylan Vance, Jupiter Devices – developing biometric feedback systems for the medical device and personal health markets.
- Tyrone Poole, NoAppFee.com – revolutionizing the way renters find homes by screening potential renters against every vacancy in a market, eliminating the need for multiple, costly applications.
Game Changer Award
Honoring an innovative new product or service that has great potential to disrupt its industry.
- Bright.Md – cutting the cost of doctors’ visits by 80% with SmartExam, a virtual physician assistant.
- Camions of Care – supporting menstrual hygiene management through the global distribution of feminine hygiene product care packages to women in need, and through the development of youth leadership with a nationwide network of campus chapters.
- RADAR – an award-winning incident response management SaaS solution used by leading organizations to reduce risk and simplify compliance with data breach laws.
Startup Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with projected revenue for the current year of less than $0.5 million.
- Crystal Clear Technologies– providing low cost water treatment technology effective against the removal of chemical and biological contaminants.
- Hubb – automating the complex workflows & tasks required to collect, manage and market content for your next conference or meeting.
- NemaMetrix – developing the ScreenChip System, an automated platform for revealing phenotypes resulting from genetic mutation and screening for the effects of drug compounds and peptides on well-conserved biological signalling pathways.
Development Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with past-year revenue of at least $0.5 million and projected revenue for the current year of $0.5-$8 million.
- Customer.io– a platform that uses application data and rules to message users.
- Senaptec – empowering individuals with tools that improve brain health and performance.
- Wildfang – streetwear-inspired style & fashion for girls who like to raise hell.
Growth Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with past-year revenue of at least $8 million and projected revenue for the current year of over $8 million.
- FCR – the premier provider of outsourced live agent call center and business process solutions.
- iovation – offering device-based solutions for authentication and fraud prevention
- Puppet – building a world of unconstrained software change, where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere.
- Ruby Receptionists – the only virtual receptionist service dedicated to making personal connections with your callers.
Join us at our 2016 OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards! Register now.