OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards 2016: Create Your Legacy
Online registration is now closed. We do accept walk-ins. Members pay $225; non-members pay $265.
It’s like the Oscars, but with less glam and more grit. Each fall, over 600 local business leaders converge at OEN’s Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards Dinner for Oregon’s largest and most prestigious business networking event.
Join us for our October 26 “Create Your Legacy” Awards Dinner to:
- Honor Oregon entrepreneurs who are making their mark
- Celebrate OEN’s 25th year of helping entrepreneurs succeed and thrive
- Pay tribute to OEN’s outgoing President & Executive Director, Linda Weston
Our Awards Dinner will kick off with an opening reception at 5 p.m., featuring signature cocktails from local distillers, appetizers, and samples from Oregon food and beverage entrepreneurs. The program, which includes a plated dinner and local wine, will begin at 6:30 p.m. and wrap up at 9 p.m.
Cost: Early bird pricing ends August 31! *Sorry, no refunds after October 1. Refunds requested before this date will incur a 10% processing fee.
Not yet an OEN member? Join today to take advantage of our member discounts!
Highlights from 2015
What Past Attendees are Saying
“The OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards Event was a fun-filled night, complete with inspiring stories and entertaining MCs, plus great networking opportunities for new business owners such as myself! It was evident on many levels what a supportive community of visionaries and leaders OEN continues to gather, develop, grow and nurture. A big cheers to everyone who contributed to the successful night. Sign me up for next year!”
– Allyson Strowbridge, Ctrl+SHIFT+Space
“OEN does an amazing job with the Tom Holce Awards Event – it is a wonderful celebration of the vibrant startup community in Oregon!”
– Rich Carter, Valliscor
“The OEN Awards are a wonderful mix of networking, entertainment, insights, learning about the entrepreneurial landscape, inspiration, and all around good fun!”
– Jon Down, University of Portland
2016 OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards Finalists
Entrepreneurial Achievement Award
Honoring an entrepreneur or founding team with a strong record of success over the past 18 months.
- Monica Enand, CEO and Founder of Zapproved
- Oliver Alexander & Orion Falvey, Co-Founders of Orchid Health
- Trevor Mauch, Founder of Carrot
Wyatt Starnes Memorial Award
Honoring the region’s most promising early-stage tech entrepreneur.
- Brian Martin, Recentia Health Corp – developing technologies that help physicians spend more time with their patients, and less time interacting with the EMR and EHR systems that consume the majority of their workday.
- David Schaefer, eWind Solutions – developing a small airborne wind energy technology. This system delivers up to four times the power of comparable renewable energy applications.
- Dylan Vance, Jupiter Devices – developing biometric feedback systems for the medical device and personal health markets.
- Tyrone Poole, NoAppFee.com – revolutionizing the way renters find homes by screening potential renters against every vacancy in a market, eliminating the need for multiple, costly applications.
Game Changer Award
Honoring an innovative new product or service that has great potential to disrupt its industry.
- Bright.Md – cutting the cost of doctors’ visits by 80% with SmartExam, a virtual physician assistant.
- Camions of Care – supporting menstrual hygiene management through the global distribution of feminine hygiene product care packages to women in need, and through the development of youth leadership with a nationwide network of campus chapters.
- RADAR – an award-winning incident response management SaaS solution used by leading organizations to reduce risk and simplify compliance with data breach laws.
Startup Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with projected revenue for the current year of less than $0.5 million.
- Crystal Clear Technologies– providing low cost water treatment technology effective against the removal of chemical and biological contaminants.
- Hubb – automating the complex workflows & tasks required to collect, manage and market content for your next conference or meeting.
- NemaMetrix – developing the ScreenChip System, an automated platform for revealing phenotypes resulting from genetic mutation and screening for the effects of drug compounds and peptides on well-conserved biological signalling pathways.
Development Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with past-year revenue of at least $0.5 million and projected revenue for the current year of $0.5-$8 million.
- Customer.io– a platform that uses application data and rules to message users.
- Senaptec – empowering individuals with tools that improve brain health and performance.
- Wildfang – streetwear-inspired style & fashion for girls who like to raise hell.
Growth Stage Company Award
Honoring a company with past-year revenue of at least $8 million and projected revenue for the current year of over $8 million.
- FCR – the premier provider of outsourced live agent call center and business process solutions.
- iovation – offering device-based solutions for authentication and fraud prevention
- Puppet – building a world of unconstrained software change, where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere.
- Ruby Receptionists – the only virtual receptionist service dedicated to making personal connections with your callers.
2016 Awards Sponsors
Launch Stage Company Award:
Development Stage Company Award:
Fitzgerald & Law
Growth Stage Company Award:
Entrepreneurial Achievement Award:
Game Changer Award:
Volunteer of the Year Award:
Friends of the Awards:
Jones & Roth
Oregon Angel Fund