Kyle Ranson, CEO of Showers Pass, almost lost the company over a falling out with a business partner. Drawing from his varied experience, from his first out-of-college job to serving as CEO of InFocus, Kyle offers 10 lessons he’s learned the hard way:
- You’re as good as the experience you can glean
- It’s not always the sexy products that keep the lights on
- A little chaos is ok. In fact, if there’s no chaos, you’re probably not pushing the envelope.
- Culture is critical to success—lead by example. If the toilets need cleaning, get in there and clean the toilets.
- More is not always better.
- A healthy ego is a must, but don’t let your ego make the business decisions for you
- Don’t surrender hard-earned profits on frivolous activities
- You can never be too successful to reinvent yourself.
- Don’t get into a 50-50 partnership.
- Without a team, you do not have a business.
Watch the full story from OEN’s 2016 Entrepreneurial Summit.