Concept Stage Semi-Finalists to be Announced Next Week
Contributed by Linda Weston, Executive Director, OEN; and Ernie Bootsma, Angel Oregon 2013 Chair
Twenty-five Launch Stage companies have been selected as semi-finalists for OEN’s Angel Oregon 2013 investment competition, which will take place April 17th at the Governor Hotel in Portland. Startups that applied in the Concept Stage category will be selected in early February.
The 25 Launch Stage semi-finalists were selected from more than 65 Oregon and Southwest Washington startup companies. These companies represent a broad range of industry categories including consumer products, technology, green energy and communications. Several are incubator and accelerator graduates, and a number are founded by serial entrepreneurs.
2013 Launch Stage Semi-Finalists(Finalists will be announced in April):
- Accumulus – http://www.accumulus.com/
- AirShip Technologies Group – http://www.airshiptg.com/
- BlkDot – http://theblkdot.com/
- BIKECOP – http://www.biketrak.com/
- Brandlive – http://www.yourbrandlive.com/
- Circle Technology – http://www.thecircletech.com/
- CloudyDays – http://www.cloudy-days.com/
- Conscious Commuter Corp. – http://www.consciouscommuter.com/
- galaxG tools – http://www.galaxg.com/
- Gamma Therapeutics Inc. – http://www.gamma-therapeutics.com/
- GLIPH – https://gli.ph/
- Healers PetCare, Inc. – http://healerspetcare.com/
- IfWizard Corporation – http://www.ifwizard.com/
- Indie Vinos, Inc. – http://www.indievinos.com/
- InGrid Solutions – http://ingridsolutions.com/
- LanguageTwin – http://www.languagetwin.com/signup
- Rally Cause – http://rallycause.com/
- REDpoint International, Inc. – http://www.redpointcorp.com/
- Selfpubd – http://selfpubd.com/
- Showbacker – http://www.showbacker.com/
- Sonivate Medical – http://www.sonivate.com/
- SpinRiot, Inc. – http://www.spinriot.com/
- SweetSense – http://www.sweetsensors.com/
- Tangitek – http://www.tangitek.com/
- Wikisway – http://www.wikisway.com/
What’s next for this year’s Angel Oregon companies
There are two categories for companies at OEN Angel Oregon: the Launch Stage and the Concept Stage. Launch Stage companies are startups that are further along in their development. The 25 semi-finalist Launch companies are in the running for a target total investment of more than $400,000, with the potential for a first and second place winner as selected by the Angel Oregon 2013 investors.
The Angel Oregon investors who are part of this year’s conference will now engage in due diligence and research to determine which companies will make the finalist round and compete for top prizes. This is an intensive process that gives entrepreneurs critical exposure to Portland’s investor community as well as important coaching and support.
Concept Stage companies are companies that are at the very early stages of their life cycle. These semi-finalists will compete for several awards and will be eligible to participate in Upstart Day, a day-long immersion with the Angel Oregon investor group representing finance, sales, marketing, technical, distribution, and strategy expertise.
Stay tuned for more blog posts on OEN Angel Oregon here.