121 SW Salmon St. Suite 242
Events by this organizer
This full-day workshop is packed full of immediately useful guidance and best practices to help U.S. exporters meet required export compliance obligations. Upon completion of this program, you will be
This full-day workshop is packed full of immediately useful guidance and best practices to help U.S. exporters meet required export compliance obligations. Upon completion of this program, you will be aware of the new export security requirements for all exporters. You will have an 11 point checklist to guide you to full compliance on every export. You will become aware of the required 7 lists that must be checked on all exports, and understand what common red flags mean to you. Program recipients will review the 5 questions that you are required to know about your customer in every export transaction and discuss strategies on how to implement these into your organization. Presented by Mike Allocca, one of the nation’s leading experts on U.S. export and import compliance — back by popular demand!
Export Compliance for U.S. Exporters
Thursday, April 18th, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Topics covered include:
- Using due diligence-reviewing the 7 lists of denied parties and sanctioned countries.
- Knowing your customer – asking these 5 questions to understand common red flags.
- Terms of sale vs. terms of payment – using the correct incoterm.
- Country-specific requirements –Legalization, pre-shipment inspection, wood packaging.
- Export documentation – what you are required to fill out and retain.
- How to determine if an export license is required, do your products qualify for NAFTA treatment? Is your HTS # correct?, where do you find this information?
- Insurance, packaging, record- keeping- strategies and responsibilities.
- FCPA- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act- how does this affect me?
- Who should attend: Traffic managers, purchasing managers, plant managers, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, ISO managers, sales managers/department personnel, customer service managers, anyone involved/concerned with export compliance.
This full-day training is eligible for (6) NASBITE-CGBP Re-Certification CEU’s.
Mike Allocca, professional export education instructor, President of Allocca Enterprises, and past Chair of the National District Export Council’s Outreach and Education Committee.
Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback, we are pleased to bring Mr. Allocca’s expertise back to the local business community. With some 20-years of freight forwarding, customs brokerage, and compliance experience, you will find his practical instruction immediately beneficial to your daily work, and his presentation style engaging. Biography and additional information at www.alloccaenterprises.com.
$125 per person: Early bird rate by March 29th
$175 per person: After March 29th
Registration closes April 16, 5:00 pm PST
Includes: Continental breakfast, lunch, workshop binder
Cancellations and substitutions: Full refunds are available if cancellation is received by April 10th. Transfer of paid registration to another person accepted.
U.S. Commercial Service–Portland
All Day (Thursday)
U.S. Commercial Service - Export Council of Oregon 121 SW Salmon St. Suite 242