Oregon Angel Food 2022
It’s back! For the fourth year in a row, Oregon Angel Food is bringing together innovators and experts in the food and beverage sector to support PNW Makers. If you make a food or beverage product and need to up-level or professionalize your packaging, promotional strategy, production, distribution, retail merchandising, online sales, intellectual property, financial modeling, inventory management, or go to market planning, we’ve got help for you.
We’ve upped our own game this year, partnering with the Good Food Consortium to develop a four-week education curriculum that will pack a lot of learning into a compact timeframe. In addition to getting access to top talent, including experienced food and beverage entrepreneurs and local retailers, you’ll also meet your peers and the community of local investors, service providers and agencies available to support your success.
The program is a best fit for:
- Food or beverage makers of all kinds, anywhere (mentors and resources focused on the PNW)
- Alcohol and CBD products are accepted, but no food-tech or other F&B-adjacent
- Ideally post-revenue, with a product created and launched
- Desire to eventually build a regional/national brand
OregonAF Education Series – $95 OEN Members; $125 Non-Members; includes:
- Live Kick-Off at Tillamook HQ in Portland
- Four core workshops featuring top local talent, plus Office Hours and other optional workshops, all conducted via Zoom and recorded
- Live We Are OregonAF Mixer with mentors and investors in Portland
- Pitch practice opportunities and feedback from mentors and investors
- Option to have a sampling booth at the Grand Finale & Marketplace on September 17, 2022 at the Redd on Salmon St. in Portland
Plus, if you’ve dialed in your formula, gained local traction, and are seeking financing to scale up, at the end of the education series you’ll have the option to apply for the OregonAF equity investment. Local angel investors will pool funds (roughly $200K) to make an investment in one local food or beverage company at the end of the program, to be presented at the OregonAF Grand Finale & Marketplace on September 17th. All companies selected as finalists will pitch on the mainstage at the finale.
- Food or Beverage Makers in Oregon or SW Washington (Clark County)
- No CBD products; no food tech or F&B-adjacent
- Minimum of ~$10K/sales each of the last three months
- Leadership team with relevant past experience
- Ready to scale regional/national brand
The application for investment requires a Gust profile, including pitch deck and financials. Details will be provided to all OregonAF education series participants.
The education program spans the month of June; investment due diligence runs July/August, and the Grand Finale & Marketplace will be at the Redd on September 17th.
- June 7th, 4pm-6pm: Live Kick-Off at Tillamook HQ in Portland
- June 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, 8:30am – 10am via Zoom – Core Education Sessions
- June 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, 9:00am – 10am via Zoom – Office Hours with local experts
- June 30th, 11:59pm – Investment application deadline via Gust
- August 3rd, 5:00pm – OregonAF Investor Mixer (date/location TBA)
- September 17th – OregonAF Grand Finale & Marketplace at the Redd
Thank you, Sponsors: