Got a Great Idea?
We want to help it take flight. Apply to the Developing Stage Competition for an opportunity to:
- Hone your pitch and business plan ($50 value)
- Get coaching & mentoring from business leaders (Priceless!)
- Learn from experts at four educational sessions ($200 value)
- Present to 200+ investors and business leaders at OEN’s Angel Food Conference for a chance to win a $100K+ investment (actual investment will depend on the number of investors)
All applicants will receive one ticket to the Angel Food Conference on June 19 ($125+ value). Applicants may also be considered for loans ranging from $25,000 – $250,000 through Business Oregon’s Small Business Expansion Program.
OEN’s Angel Food Conference & Education Series is only open to companies located in Oregon or SW, Washington.
Companies participating in the Developing Stage competition typically:
- Have a proven concept and a complete business plan developed
- Have a product and are selling it at farmer’s markets, local stores, national chains, etc.
- Have generated revenues of $250K to about $2M and are ready for market expansion
- Non-consumer products companies like restaurants are eligible to go through the program but are not eligible to compete for the investment.
- April 3: Info session
- April 17: Pitch applications due by 12:00 midnight
- May 8: PubTalk PitchFest
- June 19: Angel Food Conference (winners announced), including a food fair
The cost to apply to the Angel Food Conference for the Developing Stage Competition is $250 for OEN members and $500 for non-members. The non-member rate includes one year of OEN Development Stage Membership (cost of $395, with a $500 value).
The investment award will likely be made in the form of a convertible note. This instrument will later convert into company equity as part of a “qualified equity financing” or other qualifying event.