OEN Seeks Relationship Specialist
Join a dynamic team working to make a huge impact on Oregon’s entrepreneurial economy. OEN is Oregon’s longest-standing entrepreneur support organization and is seeking a key team member to help build its base of support and engagement with sponsors and supporters, including business leaders, investors, donors, and community partners. The Relationship Specialist will work closely with sponsors and members to ensure successful statewide OEN events, such as the OEN Entrepreneurship Awards.
Highly qualified candidates will be based in Oregon and have a successful track record in sales, past startup experience, and existing relationships in the local tech and/or business communities, with the ability to attract new sponsors from traded sector industries statewide. They will be enthusiastic team players with a passion for entrepreneurship. They will be committed to racial inclusivity and wealth-building for historically underrepresented founders.
Who we are:
OEN is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working inclusively and collaboratively to build wealth and prosperity via innovation and entrepreneurship in the Pacific Northwest.
We seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks. Lived entrepreneurial experiences and transferable skills are considered in evaluating all applicants and team member performance.
- Devising high-value sponsorship packages for annual support and major events.
- Cultivating a base of committed and enthusiastic sponsors and supporters to grow the Network and achieve aggressive financial goals.
- Offering ongoing personalized support to ensure OEN events meet sponsors’ goals and objectives, and supporting execution of their sponsorship packages at events.
- Sharing feedback from sponsors and supporters back to the OEN team and collaborating to refine future offerings and events.
- Participating as an active member of the statewide entrepreneurial ecosystem, including with organizations focused on race and gender diversity.
- Successful track record in sales.
- Existing relationships and professional network within the business community in Oregon.
- Commitment to racial diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), including lived experiences, existing relationships with communities of color and diverse professional organizations, and/or meaningful training in DEI skill development.
- Interested in entrepreneurship in the Pacific Northwest.
Compensation & Logistics
- This is a part-time salaried position targeted at 30 hours per week (slightly higher during event prep weeks).
- Entirely work from home during COVID. Some travel to meet with sponsors and supporters post-COVID (but still home office-based).
- Base salary of $60k/yr, plus bonus if revenue targets are met.
- Generous benefits package and PTO.