Are you an early-stage entrepreneur looking to gain visibility and new connections? Apply now to present at our 2014 Showcase! Here’s your chance to:
- Receive personal feedback on your pitch and business concept
- Get coaching on your presentation format and style
- Introduce your company to hundreds of investors and community leaders
- Feature your product or service in our Showcase display area
Eligibility and Review Criteria
To be considered for OEN’s Angel Oregon Spring 2014 Showcase, you or your company must reside in Oregon or SW Washington. We are looking for entrepreneurs who are early-stage, but who have more than an idea. Preferably you have a company up and running, in some form or fashion, even if your headquarters is your living room.
If you take a look at our application and are unable to answer the majority of the questions, that is probably a sign that you’re not quite ready. The following review criteria might also be helpful:
- Are you in an interesting market – Is it big? Growing? Undergoing change or transformation? Is the opportunity interesting?
- Do you have a compelling solution – What is the basic value proposition versus other players in the market? Faster? Better? Cheaper?
- Is it worth doing – How would it scale to in 3-5 years?
- Do you have the experience and team to pull it off?
- Have you made good progress to date?
Process and Timeline
The deadline for Showcase applications is Wednesday, March 19 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Applicants will be notified whether or not they have been selected to present by Tuesday, April 1. Those not selected will receive follow-up feedback from a member of the review committee during the following weeks. Those selected to present can sign up to receive personalized presentation coaching on or before April 11.
All applicants get admission to the big event on Wednesday, April 16!
The application fee is $100; if you have already applied to our Spring Investment Term, the fee is $50. Your application fee will help us cover the costs of reviewing and providing feedback on your company, plus it will grant you admission to the Showcase event. Those selected will also receive personalized presentation coaching and a dedicated display area for their product/service at the Showcase.
Please contact Julie Brown via email or at 503-222-2270.
Spring 2014 Showcase Sponsors
- Ater Wynne
- Comcast Business Class
- JONES PARTNERS
- Oregon Angel Fund (OAF)
- Oregon Innovation Cluster (ONAMI, OTRADI, OregonBEST)
- Perkins & Co
- Portland Development Commission
- Portland Incubator Experiment (PIE)
- Portland Seed Fund
- Portland State University
- Stoel Rives
- Tonkon Torp