May: Co-Work with OEN
Entrepreneurship is often a lonely experience, but it doesn’t have to be.
Exchanging best practices with other founders and entrepreneurs in the same region, even if you have differing business types, can provide precious insights. You can learn from their experiences, pick up new ideas, and stay up-to-date on industry trends.
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network is partnering with our friends at Miller Nash to host Co-Work with OEN on Wednesday, May 1st from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at Kiln. Make it your headquarters for the day. Set up your laptop and co-work with other founders in their common space, private phone booths, or soft seating areas.
There will be a break mid-day for lunch which will include a facilitated conversation with a regional thought leader. This May we are delighted to welcome Mark Mohammadpour, Owner and Chief Well-being Officer, Chasing the Sun.
So, join for the full day, or just for a portion of the day, and get connected with other regional entrepreneurs.
Nine Steps to Create Your Company’s Culture of Well-being
Your employees do not value ping pong tables and free beer in the office. They want to take the time off they deserve, to feel safe in sharing vulnerabilities, be confident financially, quality sleep, and many other factors that in previous eras may have seemed out of reach.
Recent data says 88% of job seekers say that a healthy culture at work is vital for success, and 86% of job seekers avoid companies with a bad reputation.
But how do we ensure we’re taking care of our employees while meeting and exceeding business objectives? By building a Culture of Well-being that establishes clear communication and expectations to meet business objectives, while respecting the needs of employees to live a healthy life.
During this session, we’ll share relatable, practical, and actionable steps to ensure you and your team are living a Culture of Well-being that positively impacts the health of your staff and your business.
- What is a “Culture of Well-being” and what is it not.
- Your role, your middle-manager’s role, and your junior staff’s role in its development.
- Actionable steps to use your company’s Culture of Well-being to retain and recruit your best talent.
Location: Kiln – 120 SE Madison St, Portland, OR 97214
Date: Wednesday, May 1st
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: OEN Founder/Start-Up Members – All Day: $25, Morning or Afternoon Sessions: $15
Not yet an OEN member? Join today, and you can get to join in on future Co-Work with OEN events.
- This event is only open to OEN members in the Concept, Early ($0 – $99,999), Development ($100k – $1M), and Growth ($1M – $5M) stages.
- There are limited spots at each Co-Work with OEN session, so registered individuals will be contacted by an OEN staff member to confirm that they have a space by Monday, April 15th.
- A light breakfast, lunch and beverages will be provided throughout the day. Options will be provided to participants in advance of the event.