OEN Entrepreneurship Awards Nomination Process
→ Submit nominations in all six award categories using the Nomination button by August 13th.
→ Each company nominated must complete a Verification Form by August 31st to be considered for an award.
→ A diverse judging panel will review nominations and select finalists for each category. Finalists will be announced on October 5th. The final round of judging will include live interviews. Finalists will also be invited to a live reception and asked to provide design assets to feature in the OEN Awards show.
→ Winners will be announced live at the OEN Awards show on November 18th.
Early, Development and Growth Awards – the best of the best in each stage of the entrepreneurial lifecycle, based on financial achievement, traction, team, and social impact. Three Awards will be given, one in each stage. Eligible companies must be based in Oregon or SW Washington and incorporated since 2011.
30th Anniversary – this award will honor a past OEN Award or Angel Oregon finalist or winner that has gone on to greatness. The winner will be selected live by audience vote at the Awards!
FUTUREPROOF – what startups have the resilience and adaptability to thrive in an age of flux? Who’s solving the problems of the future? This award will celebrate a startup poised to thrive in the next 30 years.
Entrepreneurial Achievement – that they’ve led their company to success is a given, but who demonstrates outstanding, ethical leadership, fosters a great workplace culture, and sets an example others want to emulate? That’s our Entrepreneurial Achievement winner.
Nominees will be notified and asked to submit data on the following criteria in a Verification Form, due by August 31st, 2021. A diverse panel of judges for each award will use the data provided to evaluate nominees for each award.
- Revenue growth last 24 months
- Revenue relative to comps
- Equity funding, or other significant monetization events such as IPO
- 2021 revenue projections
- Customer growth last two years
- Total users/size of audience
- Publicly available product/service reviews
- Any significant media coverage
- Sector expertise of founding or leadership team
- Race + gender diversity of senior leadership and staff
- Employee satisfaction + workplace culture
- Intrinsic Impact: business model meaningfully addresses social or environmental issues
- Community Engagement: local volunteerism, sponsorship, and/or donations
- All past OEN Award and Angel Oregon awardees and finalists are eligible
- Winner to be selected by audience vote during the OEN Awards
- Demonstrated track record of adaptability and resilience
- Solving a problem looming on the horizon
- Poised to thrive in the next 30 years
- Founder or co-founder team
- Successful company results
- Positive workplace culture
- Trust and credibility within their community
August 13, 2021 – Nomination Deadline
August 31, 2021 – Verification Deadline
October 5, 2021 – Finalists Announced
October 27, 2021 – Finalist Reception
November 18, 2021 – OEN Awards