The Oregon Technology Business Center Startup Challenge in Beaverton has announced its recipients for this year’s startup investments.
The winners are for-profit, early-stage growth businesses with the potential to scale into national and international markets. The winning startups earned a $25,000 investment; regular meetings with Westside Startup Fund 3 investors; discounted legal and accounting services; human resources and marketing assistance; along with coaching and mentoring services, entrepreneur workshops and more.
The Startup Challenge was launched in 2016 by Beaverton and the Oregon Technology Business Center. The center is a nonprofit startup incubator that provides expert-level coaching, networking opportunities and entrepreneurship programs to help entrepreneurs succeed. It’s headquarters is in Beaverton.
The third annual challenge drew more than 30 applications from startups. Five winners were selected:
• RocketML: A data-science platform for machine learning on large data sets.
• Scout Military Discounts: Connects the military community with military discounts, rewards and special experiences.
• Snap2Insight: Artificial intelligence analyzes store-shelf photos to provide metrics on how products are displayed and merchandised.
• Tali: Uses voice recognition technology to allow lawyers and others to easily track their billable time for multiple clients and activities.
• VOOT: Allows friends to easily share costs for things such as sports tickets, vacation rentals, and more, in which everyone pays only their share, and the money is collected up front.
“Our congratulations go out to this year’s winners,” said Beaverton Mayor Denny Doyle. “OTBC provides great resource to startups looking to succeed. We’re proud to have this type of collaboration and innovation in Beaverton.”
In 12 years, more than 90 new companies have been started at the center and more than 200 high-wage jobs have been created. The center’s client startups have gone on to raise more than $60 million in grant and investor funding.
Learn more at the company’s website.