UPDATE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Excited about the Oregon startup scene? Want to help local entrepreneurs succeed and thrive by connecting them to a network of peers and mentors and hands-on training opportunities?
OEN is a nonprofit, membership-driven organization with a 24-year track record. This is a rare opportunity to join our small but mighty full-time staff to further our mission of driving innovation, facilitating job creation, and putting Oregon on the map as a center for entrepreneurial excellence.
Our Membership Services Director manages recruitment, retention, and educational programming for our statewide membership network.
- Experience in sales, client retention, and community management.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, CRM systems, data entry and management. Experience with QuickBooks a plus.
- Experience in managing, motivating, and leading volunteers, including developing appropriate volunteer opportunities for members.
- Experience in public speaking and making presentations.
- Outgoing personality, ability to multi-task, and to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Event management experience.
- Experience and contacts within the entrepreneurial business community (preferred).
- Works with the Membership and Marketing committees to develop and implement the membership marketing plan and membership retention plan.
- Works with the Executive Director, Board Treasurer, and the volunteer Membership Chair to review and set annual goals for new membership, membership retention, and membership revenue.
- Actively solicits and sells new memberships in OEN, from attendees at OEN events, and other business community events
- Works closely with the Marketing Committee to fully integrate membership sales throughout all OEN programming.
- Attends meetings, conferences, trade shows, and events for other entrepreneurial support organizations to promote OEN and to develop membership leads.
- Develops/manages a referral program leveraging current OEN members.
- Responsible for follow-up phone calls to non-renewing members, to convert them to renewals
- Manages data entry of new members.
- Facilitates invoicing for all new memberships and membership renewals.
- Edits member access permissions, manages aged receivables reports and removes non-renewing members from the data base.
- Updates monthly scorecard with membership data.
- Manages all logistics at OEN monthly happy hour (PubTalk), including: staffing the registration desk and the collection of admission fees, etc as an avenue to soliciting new memberships, printing and distribution of all name tags and handouts, audiovisual arrangements, food/beverage arrangements, etc, and recruitment of PubTalk Committee volunteers to assist.
- Manages the OEN Pitch & Putt which includes, registration, marketing, food & beverage, volunteers, etc.
- Assist with OEN special events such as, OEN Summit, Angel Oregon, and Entrepreneurship Awards as needed.
- Sets OEN’s Educational Programs including speakers and programming. Manages logistics for educational workshops/programs: print and deliver nametags, any required materials, etc. Attends all workshops and events.
- Manages the OEN volunteer program, including: Soliciting volunteers from membership, managing database of volunteers, and managing the process to best utilize their skills and services.
- Invoices OEN Sponsors and Donors
- Codes, tracks, and manages deposits in Quickbooks.
- Works with Director of Marketing and Communications on the weekly email blast.
- Manages OEN Community Calendar and communication with local organizations regarding events
- Serves as a community liaison.
- Manages some of the office duties, such as printers, phones, internet, computers and ordering of misc supplies.
- Other duties as assigned