Several Concept Stage Semi-Finalists to Practice Investor Pitches at Feb. 13 OEN PubTalk™
Contributed by Linda Weston, Executive Director, OEN; and Ernie Bootsma, Angel Oregon 2013 Chair
OEN’s Angel Oregon 2013 is in full swing! Twenty-five Concept Stage companies have now been selected as semi-finalists for OEN’s Angel Oregon 2013 investment competition, following last week’s selection of 25 semi-finalist companies in the Launch Stage category.
Several of this year’s Concept Stage semi-finalists will have the chance to practice their investor pitches in front of a live audience of entrepreneurs and investors at the February OEN PubTalk™: Angel Oregon Spring Training – Pitch Practice, Wednesday, Feb. 13.
2013 Concept Stage Semi-Finalists (Finalists will be announced in April):
- ARInteractive (Bend, Computers/Peripherals)
- Bitbucket Software (Lake Oswego, Software)
- Comitium (Portland, Internet/Web Services)
- Common People Services (Beaverton, Internet/Web Services) — http://www.sharedmall.com
- Dhealth (Portland, Healthcare Services) — http://dhealthwellness.com/
- Dress Circle Publishing (Portland, Media & Entertainment) — http://www.dresscirclepublishing.com/
- EasyHealth.com (Bend, Healthcare Services)
- Fotogenic (Portland, Consumer Products & Services)
- GoodKid! Foods (Bend, Food/Drink)
- Green Book Value (Portland, Other)
- Green Innovations Inc. (Portland, Industrial/Energy) — http://greenfleetpdx.com/
- Honeycomb Corporation (Portland, Software) — http://www.honeycombcorp.com/
- IncitEd: Grassroots Educational Innovations (Portland, Education) — http://incited.org/
- Integrated Cloud Intelligence, Inc. (Vancouver, Business Products & Services) — http://www.icintel.com/
- KersTech Vehicle systems (Beaverton, Clean Technology) — http://www.kerstech.com/
- Living Better LLC (Sisters, Internet/Web Services) — http://www.livingbetterat50.com/
- mailr.io (Portland, Internet/Web Services) — http://mailr.io/
- NADAC Systems LLC (Portland, Industrial/Energy) — http://www.nadacsys.com/
- NSExtreme.com (Albany, Mobile)
- Play Boutique (Lake Oswego, Education)
- PressVi. (Portland, Healthcare Services) — http://www.pressvi.com/index.html
- Proper Course & Co. (Portland, Footwear) — http://thepropercourse.com/
- Tabrific (Portland, Internet/Web Services) — http://signup.tabrific.com/
- Taste for Life (Portland, Food/Drink)
- Wave Engine Solutions (Camas, Clean Technology) — http://www.waveengines.com/
Concept Stage companies are in the very early stages of their life cycle. While not eligible for the investment award that the Launch companies are vying for, the Concept Stage semi-finalists will compete for several prizes and will have the opportunity to participate in Upstart Day, a day-long immersion with the Angel Oregon investor group representing finance, sales, marketing, technical, distribution, and strategy expertise.
The Angel Oregon investors who are part of this year’s conference will now engage in due diligence and research to determine which companies will make the finalist round and compete for top prizes.
This year’s Launch and Concept Stage semi-finalists were chosen from more than 65 Oregon and Southwest Washington startups to apply to the annual investor event, which will take place April 17th at the Governor Hotel in Portland.
Check back soon for more news about OEN Angel Oregon on our blog.