Join us for a our SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager workshop on Saturday, October 27th, 2018; featuring Jay Mittal PMP, CSM, CSPO, SA, SPC; an experienced Project and Product Manager, whose
Join us for a our SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager workshop on Saturday, October 27th, 2018; featuring Jay Mittal PMP, CSM, CSPO, SA, SPC; an experienced Project and Product Manager, whose client list include many of the Fortune 500 companies, including Nike, Columbia Sportswear, and Standard insurance in Portland, OR. Jay is a certified trainer for SAFe Scrum Master, SAFe Product Owner, and SAFe Agilist courses.
Blockbuster. Kodak. Tower Records. Nokia. Taxi Industry. Compaq. These companies were all iconic market leaders that couldn’t adapt to new business models and technology innovations ahead of their competitors. Our world is changing fast. Markets and consumers are demanding faster, cheaper, and better products. Demands for quicker turnaround on new product development and innovation have only increased. Enterprises must learn how to adapt quickly to these changing technologies and economic conditions or they will become extinct, no matter their size, smarts, or strength. This holds true even for businesses that don’t consider themselves Information Technology (IT) or software companies. Professional services, financial services, healthcare institutions, and government entities are all highly dependent on their ability to produce new technology-based products and services. How do companies like Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and Apple keep up? They practice agile techniques.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS:
IBM: “There will only ever be a need for 100 computers.”
DEC: “No one would ever buy a personal computer.”
Blockbuster: “People don’t want to watch films over the internet.”
Novell: “Our technology is much more sophisticated than Microsoft.”
Bookstores: “People want to pick up and handle the books, not read them on the computer.”
SONY: “Beta technology is far superior to VHS.”
LOTUS: “Our spreadsheet is far superior to Microsoft even if it is complicated.”
NOKIA: “Our phones are the world standard, even if they are proprietary.”
TOWER RECORDS: “People want to own their own music, not rent it online.”
BlackBerry: “Our security is what companies want, they won’t let Android or iPhones on their network, even if our stuff costs more.”
Kodak: “People will always prefer film cameras, even if we invented digital ones.”
You’ll learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART. In addition, you’ll learn;
* Learn about the Scrum Process.
* Learn what a Product Owner/Product Manager is responsible for.
* Come away with insights on how to manage your next project
* Learn about the Scaled Agile Framework for enterprises.
* Learn what a Product Owner for in large organizations like Intel, Nike, Google, and Apple are implementing Agile techniques in Scaled environments. Come away with insights on how to manage your next projects.
* Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
* Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
* Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
* Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
* Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
* Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
* Create a role action plan
* Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
* Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
* Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
* Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
* Network with people from Intel Corporation and other software companies
WHO SHOULD COME?
People whose work is completed through projects and through teams; Software Engineers, Marketing Professionals, Project Managers, Technology Professionals, Students in MBA or undergrad business programs.
JAY MITTAL’S CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
* Highly skilled professional with over fifteen years of experience, Jay has extensive experience in diverse software and hardware platforms providing management, leadership, analysis, design, development, migration to implement business technology solutions.
* Experienced in complete life cycle of software development projects in both Waterfall and Agile frameworks including working as Project Manager, Product Manager, Scrum Master and Agile coach.
* Consulting experience with Standard Insurance, Anthem Insurance, Nike, Michelin Tire, Novelis, WebMD.
* Experienced in different Industry Verticals including: Retail, Life & Health Insurance, Manufacturing, Advertising, and Banking.
* Worked as Project and Product Manager with Fortune 500 companies. Client list include Nike, Standard Insurance, Michelin Tire, and WebMD.
JAY MITTAL’S CERTIFICATIONS:
* Implementing Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe 4.5 Program Consultant (SPC)
* Leading Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe 4.5 Agilist (SA)
* Scaled Agile Framework for Teams – SAFe 4.5 Practitioner (SP)
* Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
* PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP – MS Project 2010)
CERTIFICATIONS FOR THIS TRAINING:
This workshop is meant to introduce professionals and students to the Scrum methodology, though the material we cover will give you the knowledge and material covered in the exam for the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification. https://www.scrum.org/. Our students have gone on to take this test after the event, and passed. In addition for more information with SAFe certification. www.scaledagile.com
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: PLEASE CONTACT US AT email@example.com.
IBEA 707 SW Washington St Portland, Oregon 97205