Launch a new diversity and equity program at your small business with help from Prosper Portland! The Inspiring Diversity Grant is a new pilot program for small, traded-sector employers
Launch a new diversity and equity program at your small business with help from Prosper Portland!
The Inspiring Diversity Grant is a new pilot program for small, traded-sector employers located in the City of Portland. We are offering grant funding of up to $10,000 per company to inspire creative equity-related best practices by employers around workforce, marketing and communications. Outcomes will create new community partnerships with populations that have been traditionally under-represented. Your participation will also contribute to building best practices for other employers.
Company projects can be focused either internally or externally. Examples include:
- Organizational trainings or education
- Marketing and outreach to underserved communities
- Development of a diversity hiring plan
- Increasing career pathways for existing employees from diverse backgrounds
- New partnerships with community non-profits
- Development or expansion of diversity supplier programs
- Development of a diversity and equity market assessment
- Other activities designed to make the business more competitive from a diversity and inclusion perspective.
Preference will be given to companies that can match the requested funds and that are within one of the city’s identified clusters (Athletic & Outdoor/Consumer Product, Green Cities Product & Services, Technology & Media, Manufacturing).
Projects that demonstrate innovation and new approaches, community engagement or impact, replicability to other companies, and leadership/executive commitment will receive priority.
All Day (Thursday)