OEN Food & Beverage Showcase & Pitch Program
Do you have a food and beverage business that you want to promote and celebrate? Are you looking for an opportunity to promote your food & beverage startup? Now is your chance!
In association with Built Oregon’s Built Up Festival, OEN presents the Food & Beverage Showcase & Pitch Program—a series of workshops and events dedicated to supporting F&B entrepreneurs in Oregon and SW Washington. This program is perfect for entrepreneurs who want to better tell their story, whether it’s getting products on shelves, engaging distributors, seeking investment, hiring talent, or reaching new customers.
Your application fee includes:
- Admission to Learn to Pitch Workshop on August 20th ($50 value)
- Access to Palo Alto Software’s Live Plan platform ($60 value) for 3 months to create your one-page pitch page
- Admission to Hone Your Pitch Interactive Session with industry experts during the week of September 17th (attendance required—judges will select the top presenters to compete at the October 2nd F&B Showcase)
- Admission to the October 2nd F&B Showcase ($85 value)
- A table to sample your product at the October 2nd F&B Showcase (first 50 applicants only)
- Prizes! Read below for details.
Applying is quick and easy! Just click the button on the right to apply.
Built Oregon is a not for profit organization with a mission to become the conduit for a diverse, sustainable and impactful consumer products ecosystem in Oregon.
See below for event details.
Event #1: Learn to Pitch
Taught by executive training and development consultant Dave Underhill, Peter Thorsson of Palo Alto Software, and Jesse Lyon of Davis Wright Tremaine, this workshop will teach you how to craft a clear, concise, and compelling story regardless of your audience, whether talking to someone in line at the supermarket or pitching your business to a VC.
By registering for this event, you will also receive access to Palo Alto Software’s Live Plan platform ($60 value) for 3 months to create your one-page pitch page. Learn how to get the most out of Live Plan at this Learn to Pitch Workshop.
When: Monday, August 20th | 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
Where: Portland State Business Accelerator, Portland, or via webcast.
To only register to attend the Learn to Pitch Workshop, click here.
Event #2: Hone Your Pitch
This workshop will help you take your presentation to the next level with input from experts in the food and beverage industry, including entrepreneurs, mentors, and seasoned investors. You will have an opportunity to practice your presentation in front of F&B industry experts and hone your presentation throughout the day through personalized feedback. These experts will pick the top presenters to move on to the F&B Showcase on October 2nd.
When: Week of September 17th
Where: To be announced
Event #3: F&B Showcase
This is it—the F&B Showcase! First, you learned how to craft a clear, concise, and compelling story regardless of your audience at Learn Your Pitch. Then, you improved your presentation based on personalized feedback from industry experts at Hone Your Pitch.
At the F&B Showcase, you get:
- A table to sample your awesome product (first 50 applicants only)
- Stellar networking with F&B industry stakeholders from across the state
- If a top applicant, the chance to strut your stuff on stage and compete for awesome prizes
- Insight from successful F&B entrepreneurs (stay tuned for the Candid Conversations participant list)
- Inspiration from a conversation about thoughtfulness and social justice in the F&B industry
- Shelf space at Green Zebra Grocery
- Legal services from Tonkon Torp
- Financial forecasting consulting from Palo Alto Software
- Branding and packaging consulting from The Radical Brand Lab
- Risk assessment advising from the Fournier Group
- Distribution counseling
- FISMA counseling from OMEP
- A table at Eat Oregon Now
The F&B Showcase will bring together diverse channels within the food and beverage industry to celebrate, promote, and inspire one another to success.
When: Wednesday, October 2nd
Where: Left Bank Annex, Portland
Not yet an OEN member? Contact Marissa at email@example.com to get 25% off your first year of membership!