OEN Angel Oregon 2017 Showcase
OEN’s Angel Oregon Showcase is your opportunity to discover breakthrough ideas, explore new markets, and make valuable business connections.
Join over 200 investors, entrepreneurs, and business leaders to get a sneak peek at Oregon’s most exciting up-and-coming companies!
Cost: $195 for members; $245 for non-members; $85 for students with valid student ID.
– Online registration is now closed. Please register at the door. –
Add to calendar: Outlook – Google – Yahoo – Outlook.com – Apple Calendar
“The Angel Oregon Showcase is a can’t miss opportunity to meet key players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. The presentations provide a great overview of the companies and the investment trends that are helping to shape our Stumptown economy.”
– Claire Celeste Carnes, Partner, Providence Ventures
Meet our Presenters
Our Early Stage finalists will compete for an investment award, historically between $200,000 to $300,000:
Our Concept Stage finalists will compete for prize packages worth over $30,000 that include free office space, legal services, accounting services, forecasting sessions, and financial consulting:
We will showcase high school student Jessica Yu for our Student Pitch and Marceau Michel, the Concept Stage winner of our 2017 PubTalk PitchFest:
During our Quick Pitch session, 11 Angel Oregon applicants will present one-minute pitches:
Our Startup Funding panel will explore a variety of funding options across the capital landscape.
Why should you attend?
Held annually each April, the Showcase represents a culmination of our Spring Angel Oregon Investment Program for angel investors and entrepreneurs.
During the investment program, early-stage companies compete for an investment award and concept-stage companies compete for a valuable package of goods and services, all while receiving coaching from angel investors and serial entrepreneurs. Meanwhile, new angel investors have a chance to conduct due diligence and learn from experienced investors.
At our annual Showcase, you will:
- Hear inspiring pitches from up-and-coming companies across multiple sectors.
- Meet entrepreneurs and see the showcased products and services in action at our display area.
- Give us your input by helping to determine the concept-stage winner.
- Get insights from investors during a panel discussion about what goes into selecting a company for investment.
- Learn about the state of angel investing in Oregon, and the status of our past winners, in our popular “Where Are They Now?” segment
- Network, network, network! Mingle with hundreds of investors, business leaders, and entrepreneurs over lunch and at our closing reception.
During the program, we will announce:
- The concept-stage category winners of prize packages worth over $30,000 based on input from an audience vote.
- The winners of $35,000 in cash awards for women and minority entrepreneurs.
- The early-stage category winner of a $200,000 to $300,000 investment award.
“When it comes entrepreneurial support and community, look no further than OEN’s Angel Oregon Showcase. Whether you are C level, a startup team member, an entrepreneur, a small business owner, an investor or just straight curious about the Oregon startup scene, the Showcase is the place to be!”
– Matt Holland, CEO & Founder, Synergistic Creations
Highlights from 2016
This year’s Angel Oregon Showcase will take place at Castaway, one of Portland’s most awarded venue spaces.
Photo courtesy of Alli S. via Yelp
Also sponsored by: