OEN & OTBC Workshop: Startup 411 – How to Start Your Startup
Got an idea for a startup, but don’t know where to start? This workshop, held jointly by OEN and OTBC, will provide you with:
- A checklist of where to get started
- A review of common mistakes entrepreneurs make and how to avoid them
- An overview of startup funding options (and realities)
- An overview of resources available to entrepreneurs
- Answers to some of the basic questions that always come up, including protecting your idea, finding co-founders, and more!
Boxed lunch and beverages included.
Cost: $25 for OEN members and $50 for non-members. *Sorry, no refunds*
Not yet an OEN member? Join today to save $25 and get at least one free PubTalk pass!
Executive Director, OTBC
A veteran of three startups, Steve has more than 25 years of management experience in the software, service, and semiconductor test industries at companies such as Hewlett Packard, Cadence Design Systems, Mentor Graphics, Credence Corporation and Teseda Corporation. In addition to leading OTBC, he serves as the Managing Director of OregonStartups.com.
Partner, Perkins Coie
A startup lawyer in the firm’s Emerging Companies & Venture Capital practice, Neil advises some of the region’s hottest startup companies, as well as more established emerging growth companies, in venture, angel, crowdfunding and other private and public equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, and corporate governance.