Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) is currently seeking a reliable, organized, and motivated contractor (Contractor) to manage its 5 month Angel Food Showcase program (Angel Food). The Angel Food Program will consist of 4 educational trainings for food and beverage (F&B) companies seeking to scale their businesses and prepare for investment. Contractor will report to the Director of Operations and will work remotely and independently for approximately 15-20 hours per week during the contract period (February 1 – June 30).
This is a fantastic opportunity to leverage your program management, event management and organizational skills to support local entrepreneurs in the food and beverage industry while networking with experienced business leaders and professionals in Oregon’s F&B industry.
- Help identify and confirm speakers for 4 educational programs
- Lead steering committee meetings
- Coordinate and drive all the details necessary for the successful launch and running of the Angel Food Showcase
- Serve as the overall point person for the Angel Food Showcase
- Send calendar invites for prep calls, meetings, classes, etc. to both instructors and participants
- Answer questions from participants, mentors, and teachers
- Schedule and participate in content/prep calls for each of the 4 educational sessions
- Track and report event expenditures
- Set up the venue and attend the sessions (this includes printing materials, picking up snacks and beverages etc.)
- Ensure all PowerPoints, handouts, etc. are turned in on time and distributed appropriately
- Help identify investors
- Schedule and attend 6 due diligence meetings with investors
- Manage details for the Showcase itself—review and contract with venue, ensure facilities are set up with appropriate technology and logistics (a/v, chairs, tables, etc.)
- Recruit companies to participate
- Option to fundraise
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneur in the food and beverage industry looking to connect with others in the industry and:
- Has experience as in event management including working with various catering companies and contract AV/Tech companies.
- Has experience working with OLCC
- Is detail-oriented and efficient
- Has good follow through
- Is familiar with challenges F&B entrepreneurs face and entrepreneurship generally
- Is well-connected in the statewide F&B community
$10,000 for the duration of the contract period. Optional fundraising could provide a potential upside.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to FBmanager@oen.org by Wednesday, Feb. 13, 2019.
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) drives economic growth statewide by leveraging the power of community to educate, support, and inspire one another to success. We envision a future where Oregon is recognized as the best place in the country for anyone to start and scale a business. Our primary focus is educating entrepreneurs and connecting them to the people, programs and capital they need to succeed. Why? Because a thriving network of entrepreneurs makes Oregon stronger.