Are you a people person? Do you love building and growing communities around a common cause? Are you seeking a hands-on opportunity in a strategic role where you get to develop and implement new projects?
Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) is looking for an energetic, social person that can drive the development of new industry clusters throughout the state. OEN has a 26-year track record helping entrepreneurs across industries to start and scale their companies. We are now launching a new approach that will organize entrepreneurs not just across, but also within, industry clusters.
The Community Outreach Facilitator will be the face of OEN to our entrepreneurial communities and partners throughout the state. Initially, the Outreach Facilitator will lay the groundwork for developing an inclusive outreach strategy, generating interest, organizing steering committees, and helping to plan cluster-specific programming. As the role evolves, the Outreach Facilitator will coordinate with existing OEN resources to meet each steering committee’s objectives, represent OEN at committee meetings, share best practices from other clusters, and develop additional resources as needed.
This is a full-time, high-profile, entrepreneurial role at the strategic center of what OEN is doing. We’re looking for a self-starter who understands what it takes to get a project off the ground and drive it to completion.
There are three main responsibilities for this role:
1. Evangelize our mission and clusters
- Communicate our mission and messaging around cluster work via networking events, PR efforts, email marketing, and social media
2. Drive initial creation of cluster groups
- Organize and facilitate initial outreach meetings around the state
- Develop an inclusive outreach strategy that recruits and engages entrepreneurs from all backgrounds
- Build and vet steering committee members
- Work with other OEN team members to develop the infrastructural template that will be used to develop new clusters, on- and off-line
3. Ongoing support of cluster groups
- Serve as OEN liaison to cluster steering committee
- Ensure that momentum is maintained via programming, online forums, email marketing, social media
- Support cluster group meetings and logistics
- Work with other OEN employees to develop resources and support needed by the clusters
- Experience with project management and event planning
- Comfort with public speaking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with community engagement via social media and email marketing
- Experience with WordPress and HTML not required but a plus
- Periodic ability to travel around Oregon and SW Washington
Benefits include four weeks paid vacation; 401k with employer contribution after your first year; and medical, dental, and life insurance.
$35,000 – $45,000
Please email your resume and a cover letter by Friday, Dec 1 to OEN’s Director of Marketing & Communications, Kerala Taylor, at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.