Save the date! This year’s Awards Dinner will be held on October 15, 2014 at the Oregon Convention Center.
Risk-takers. History makers. There are lots of ways to describe Oregon’s entrepreneurs, but just one way to truly celebrate their achievements.
Join over 600 influential business leaders at the annual OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards Dinner to honor Oregon’s brightest, boldest, and best entrepreneurs. Get your ticket today!
We’re excited to announce the finalists for our Company Awards, Entrepreneurial Achievement Award, and Game Changer Award! The Company and Entrepreneurial Achievement Award winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner on October 15. The Game Changer Award winner will be determined by an audience vote at the Awards.
OEN Launch Stage Company of the Year Finalists
- GlobeSherpa—a Portland, Oregon-based Software Company specializing in mobile application development for transit, parking, and events.
- Inpria—developing metal oxide photoresists to enable the $280B semiconductor industry to continue to reduce transistor sizes.
- Nouvola—offers a scalable performance testing suite to help companies deploy their applications to the cloud scale successfully.
OEN Development Stage Company of the Year Finalists
- barre3—an innovative fitness system and global network of studios inspired by the disciplines of yoga, Pilates and ballet barre work.
- Chirpify—activates media for instant conversion. Their #Actiontag Platform allows consumers to respond, opt-in and buy with a social post—anywhere they encounter a brand’s message—including TV, print, in-venue and online.
- Salt & Straw—a small-batch, all-natural ice cream company based in Portland, OR whose ice cream showcases Oregon ingredients in a monthly rotating seasonal menu of ice cream scoops and pints.
OEN Growth Stage Company of the Year Finalists
- Elemental Technologies—the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery.
- Puppet Labs—the creator of Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source, IT automation software that enables organizations to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels.
- ZoomCare—an Oregon-based on-demand neighborhood health system that serves over 250,000 people in 23 clinics in the Portland and Seattle areas 365 days a year.
OEN Entrepreneurial Achievement Award Finalists
- Luke Kanies—Founder & CEO of Puppet Labs
- Jill Nelson—Founder & CEO of Ruby Receptionists
- Jason Bolt—Founder & CEO of Society43 and Revant
OEN Game Changer Award Finalists
- Puralytics SolarBag—a sunlight activated water purification system
- The TomegaVax platform—new vaccine technology that provides an active immune shield for life
- Inpria’s photoresist products—photopatternable metal oxide thin films that will enable future generations of semiconductors
Rogue Venture Partners
|Alto Law Group||Columbia Bank|
|Comcast Business||CorSource Technology|
|First Republic Bank||Gulla Group / Morgan Stanley|
|Lane Powell||Marger Johnson McCollom|
|Oregon Angel Fund||Oregon Growth Board|
|OSU Commercialization and Tech Transfer||Portland Development Commission|
|Woodruff Sawyer||Wyatt Starnes Memorial Fund|
About Tom Holce
Tom Holce was a Northwest entrepreneur and angel investor who built or helped to build dozens of successful Southwest Washington and Oregon businesses over the last 50+ years. He was the founder/CEO of such companies as Kentrox, Sentrol, and Mikros, and held senior positions at ESI, and Plantronics. He also served as Chairman of Seasons Foods, BLT Technologies, Mitron, and Decision Dynamics. He served as Chairman of the Portland Art Museum, and Chairman of Pacific University, was a board member of Unicru, Stormwater Management, EID Access, and Study Dog, and sat on the boards of over 20 other Northwest businesses, organizations and institutions. Tom received many honors and recognitions for his entrepreneurship, service, and philanthropy. He was the first winner of OEN’s Lifetime Achievement Award, was High Tech Executive of the Year, and was named Philanthropist of the year 2000. Tom had a BS in Math and Physics, and Honorary Doctor of Science from Pacific University and held over 20 US Patents.
Origins – The OEN Entrepreneurship Award
The OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Awards honors the skill, and the courage, it takes for entrepreneurs to create a business out of an idea. They are intended to not only celebrate entrepreneurs, but to highlight their importance to the region’s economy. The OEN Tom Holce Entrepreneurship Award is a highly competitive process and it is a significant achievement just to be named as a finalist. In honor of that, OEN not only produces a gala celebration focusing on excellence in entrepreneurship, but the award itself is a true work of art. The awards were designed by local world-renown company Ziba Design, founded by Sohrab Vossoughi, in 1984. Ziba designed the beautiful “O” shaped, hand-blown crystal award to symbolize Oregon and to represent the lifecycle of a company.